Wednesday, March 2, 2011

View

Ever wonder what a child is looking at while you're trying so hard to get their attention with 'ooo-bah's and 'ah-coo's and 'doo-bah-doo-bee's and they just seem to continue staring right past your attempt into the air behind you? Well today, Baby Boy was doing just that as he laid on the floor during 'back time'. So I figured, 'Let's find out!' From the half-kneeling-half-sitting position I was in, I crawled down to a lying position, angling myself in the direction his little head and eyes were pointed. It was somewhat up and off, towards the windows but not completely outside where the sky was blue with thin wispy clouds. So I looked up a bit more, and there it was. The light. It wasn't on, just there, in the ceiling. I'm told that babies, particularly at the age where Baby Boy is, are attracted to objects that have contrasting colors. The daylight must have been hitting the plain white bulb and fixture to create an attractive looking specimen.

So all day, I was using Baby Boy's eyes to look around the room, transitioning my attention from my own to where he was looking. I found that he loved the blinds, white as they were, but when open, showing the colors from outside, whether it be the buildings across the street or the bright sky above. He also LOVES the red paisley designed pillows Baby Mom placed in the room. Those occupy much of his time when on the couch during feedings, burping and lap time. It's just amazing what babies see that we often overlook and take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment