Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Explosives

To all the mothers out there who had children with stomach issues, I tip my hat to you! I am fortunate to be working with a baby who does not have stomach issues, but on the rare occasion I will receive a gift, one which I often wish I could opt out of. You all know what I'm talking about. Yesterday was one of those days when my instincts told me to lift him off the changing table as fast as I could so what was in his diaper did not also end up in his hair (it was a close call). This little incident required me to hold Baby Boy from under the arms, while Baby Mommy (who had been working from home yesterday) stripped him of his filthy clothes, wipe him down, started the bath, then held him under the water all so we could get a cleaner version of him into the tub to be completely washed down. Had she not been there I probably would have resorted to literally hosing him down in his clothes with the shower head so I could then set him in his tub to get everything ready (I had time to think this out as I was running around washing clothes, getting new clothes, diaper, lotion and shampoo and deep cleaning all surfaces where Baby Boy had left his mark). Let's just say that I give a big shout out to Baby Mommy who had been home, and to all mommies out there who have to deal with this on their own! Who knew a 16lb child could make such a mess?! I think I am getting Baby Boy his next gift...

1 comment:

  1. Wish I'd seen this little report before posting my comments on the "Onesies" post! This was pretty much a daily scenario for me as a first-time mom, nursing a voraciously hungry little guy who produced a dozen (count 'em), yep, a dozen, poopy diapers, including at least three megablowouts, a day his first five months in my arms. Thank God for hot running water, electricity, and a washing machine and dryer...two or more baby baths and three to four loads of baby clothes and linens a day were de rigueur!

    ReplyDelete